Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Best Day of Her Life

As I sat watching Lucy talking to her horseback riding instructor I could tell something was up.  The smile on her face kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger.  She looked like she could explode with joy.  Then, as the groom walked in with the horse, I knew it was the source of her joy.  Until now, Lucy has been on a pony.  Of course she loves it, but she has also been dreaming of riding a big horse.  Today that dream came true!






Yall, I cannot even begin to describe to you how fun it was to watch Lucy today!  I have never seen her happier.  It didn't take long before I found myself grinning like the Cheshire Cat, too.  It was such a joy to see Lucy having the time of her life.

These last few months of horseback riding have been my best idea yet, I think.  Instead of another toy or something she doesn't really even need or want, along with my parents, we decided that riding lessons would be her birthday gift.  She loved it so much that we continued on for her Christmas gift.  It has truly been the gift that keeps on giving!  Tuesday is our favorite day of the week!

As I watched Lucy today I couldn't get this verse out of my mind:

“You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead?  Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not!  So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him. Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets."
Matthew 7:9-12

I saw how much delight I took in Lucy's pleasure at something so simple.  I am sure my Heavenly Father rejoices over my joy in His good gifts to me so much more than that.  I hope that I can always be as grateful and blessed by His provision!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

On both fronts... lovely. Both you and Lucy made me smile.