It's Friday! Praise the Lord, we are rolling into the weekend! Every Friday night we have Family Fun Night. I make pizza and we watch a movie together. The truth is, after a long week, we're all a bit too worn out to be civil to each other. We watch a movie together so that we can hang out without having to interact! Sad but true! Ha!
On that note, here are a few other confessions...
* I dozed through most of the movie tonight. It seems like I feel more jet-lagged than Justin! It's 9:30 and I can barely keep my eyes open. As an extreme night-owl, this is usually the time I am perking up and ready to start a project! Anyhow, I'm going to bed! This may be the earliest I've ever gone to bed when I wasn't sick!
***Edited to add... I didn't wake up until 9:40 on Saturday morning! Mercy!! I guess I was tired! I sure do feel chipper now!
* It has been a loooong winter cooped up together! The kids are bickering constantly and Lucy follows me around all morning before she goes to school. I am going crazy!!!
Dear Spring, Please come quickly so the kids can go outside and play in the street (literally!)!!
* For some crazy reason I have been on an ironing kick. Before this week, if my kids saw an iron they would be like, "What's that machine?!" Now, all of our shirts are beautifully pressed and ready to be worn. Doubt this will last long, but I know Justin has his fingers crossed that it will!
* Our dear friends are coming over for dinner tomorrow night. I'm making an American feast complete with cheeseburgers, all the fixin's, roasted potatoes, and a trifle (layered pudding) for dessert! Yum! Hope they like it! (Local folks are intensely loyal to local food!)
* Old Navy had jeans on sale just before Justin left the States. So, yay, we each got a new pair of jeans!! I tried to take a picture of us in our new jeans, but it turned out crazy so I'm not posting it!
* I still have not started the TEFL certification program that I need to finish soon! Ugh! I suppose that I've even resorted to ironing to avoid it!
* I am pretty sure I got the teaching job that I applied for last month at the kids' new school for next year. Every day when the kids come home and complain about their teachers or laugh about the crazy things that happened at school that day I die a little on the inside. I am terrified to actually stand up in front of these kids and teach! They are going to rip me to shreds!
* Today is my best friend, Mindy's birthday! It's her last birthday as a single woman, cause she's getting married soon! Triple YAY!!!
* It is so nice having Justin home! I am loving every second with my man!!!
* I love it in the evenings when it's finally time to change into my pajamas. Like over the top love it- it makes me giddy! I announce with glee, "It's jam-jam time!" For a stay-at-home mom, it's sort of like clocking out at the end of another long hard day!
That's all I've got to divulge today. What about you???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So glad Justin is home and sorry his jet lag is contagious. I'm sure the rest was good for you. I am so ready for spring and nice weather. We had a beautiful weekend and I want it to stay!
Post a Comment