30 HOURS WITH NO WATER!!!!!!
I am used to the occasional water cut, and we have all been expecting major water cuts since we haven't gotten much rain. But still, 30 hours! The longest cut we've had has been about 10 hours. (Incidentally, the longest electricity cut has been about 6 hours.)
Anyhow, this cut isn't to help with the extremely low water supplies, it is due to construction on the new underground Metro. I guess that's why we actually got notice. Usually, you get your washing machine loaded up and running, start the dishwasher, jump in the shower, and get your hair all lathered up, then... drip, drip, drip. The water stops! I had it get cut one time when I had hair dye in my hair (Not that I dye my hair or anything!!!). Callie had to hoist a huge jug of cold water up and pour it over my head as I hung it over the side of the shower to help me rinse my hair. She was late to school! Ha!
Water cuts are always so inconvenient. You just keep forgetting, pump a dab of soap onto your hands, and... nothing. Then you have to just wipe the slimy soap away. Not to mention the toilet issues that arise!
At least with warning I can be prepared...
![]() |
| We'll be able to flush! |
![]() |
| We always have about 4 large bottles of water stuck in the corner of our bathroom for the unplanned water cuts. |
![]() |
| Almost everyone gets their drinking water in these large jugs. We'll have plenty of drinking water. |
I am also going to pick up two 8 liters of water- one for each sink. That way, we'll still be able to rinse vegetables, wash hands, and brush our teeth easily. I've cooked enough dinner for tomorrow night, too. And the laundry is up to date. So, I'm ready!
I don't know what is worse: short unexpected water cuts or long water cuts that have been forewarned.




4 comments:
No water is the worst of the outage problems in my opinion. We have a fireplace for heat and cooking and laterns for light but being without water is just the pits!!!
Sounds as if you have planned well for this inconvenience.
Love you, Mom
You have done a great job preparing. What an inconvenience.
You are my hero!
Oh I remember those! Bless your heart. When we lived in Venezuela, one time we went TWO weeks without water, but at least we had a pool! My dad would bathe in there (seriously). After that, Russia was almost a piece of cake.
Post a Comment