Today I woke up ready to tackle one of my biggest projects of the year... the big clean out! I do it twice a year, once before Christmas and in June when the kids are gone to camp. We have very limited space, and not one closet in our entire apartment. So, I tell the kids that new Christmas stuff cannot come into our home until we make space for it by getting rid of everything that they no longer need or want is gone. They are highly motivated to make a lot of space! We go through their clothes and make sure that they only have what fits and what they need. Then we go through everything, literally everything, in their rooms and make sure that it should stay. The end result is a beautifully clean room, that without all the excess junk, is much easier to keep clean!
Today we ended up with 3 big bags of trash, 2 big bags of Callie's clothes that were handed down to Lucy and are now being handed down to my friend's daughter, and these six bags of clothes, shoes, and toys that are headed to Syrian refugees!
There is something so cathartic about purging! I keep things simple and to a minimum! I figure, if something has time to sit around and collect dust, someone else probably needs it more than me! We love being able to bless those around us with nice things, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment