Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Minority Report

I had the opportunity to get away overnight with some of the other ladies in our company.  It was such a refreshing time of worship and hearing from the Lord.  We stayed up way too late on Saturday night telling our craziest stories.  Sometimes you just can't help by laugh at the things that we experience here.  I had tears rolling down my face I was laughing so hard!

I realized that one of the reasons that I love to go to conferences now isn't the teaching.  It's not even the fellowship or worship- although they are both tied for a very close second. I like to go to conferences because I love to feel like I am in the majority- or in a like-minded community.  In my life I am so totally a minority, and when you are a minority, your voice seldom is heard.  You have to adapt to the majority.  You are the odd man out, and your customs are the ones that are odd.

But... when I join in with my people, I feel at home.  I feel like I can speak and be heard.  Basically I feel comfortable.  Although, it's a short time, it is very refreshing!

I am so thankful for the opportunity to get away.  And, I am especially thankful for a sweet, sweet husband who allows me the opportunity.  He cares about my well-being and does everything he can to help me.  He is amazing!  I came home to a clean house, laundry hanging out to dry, and kids who had already done all their homework!  Thank you , Jesus, for my Justin!!!

No comments: