After the games the girls decided that they couldn't wait one second longer to give Lucy their gifts. This was pretty much chaos, as they all packed in around Lucy shoving gifts in her face. I tried to reign things back in, but was not successful.
If I could have changed one thing about Lucy's party it would have been this time. I should have sat them all in a nice circle and had them go up one at a time so Lucy could open the gift and thank her friend, and I could get a picture of the two of them. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20!
Lucy got some sweet gifts. Folks here like to give clothes as gifts, so she got some adorable shirts and leggings. Also, they had just read a story in class about a little boy whose family only gave him books for his birthdays. So, she got a few books. Lucy's teacher said that, as the teacher, she could only give a book! Also, she got a couple of Barbies. Her favorite gift was a Barbie mermaid complete with a tail that lights up! All the little girls gasped when they saw it! It was adorable!




2 comments:
Such excitement and fun!!!
Post a Comment