Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Waiting and Hoping

Tonight was our last group speaking event.  I am relieved.  I get so nervous right before it's time to share.  I always tell Justin in the car on the way over, "I don't want to do this!"  But once we start sharing, I get excited about how the Lord has worked in our lives and what He is doing that I don't want to stop sharing.

We've shared about ourselves, our calling, the country we serve in, and several stories from our lives there.  We always try to have lots of time for questions and you never know where that is going to go.  It is my favorite part.

The best thing is the more we talk the more our flame is rekindled.  Sharing about our lives and telling the stories about the people we love renews our calling and gives us passion and excitement to return and share the love of Christ!

The one thing that I have felt the Lord compel me to share over and over is to ask people to commit to pray.  We are asking the Lord to give our friends and neighbors dreams and visions, to heal the ill and broken, and to reveal Himself in undeniable ways.  Sure, I can tell those around me about the saving grace of Jesus until I am blue in the face.  But, unfortunately, often times their heart are hardened.   We know that if our friends meet Jesus personally through a power encounter that they will be forever changed.

Will you join us in interceding for our friends and neighbors?

No comments: