When I was growing up, we were city kids (that makes me laugh now that I live in a real city!), but were fortunate enough to come from agricultural families. We have beautiful farms on both sides of our family. When I was little, my Aunt Eolyne and Uncle Tommy's farm was one of my favorite places on earth! I have so many good memories from this farm.
I've said a time or twenty that one of my favorite things to do with my kids is watch them experience things that I used to do as a kid. Today we took the kids up to my Aunt Eolyne and Uncle Tommy's farm. I couldn't wait to experience the farm with my kids.
(*Here's a fun side note: One time my Uncle had to bring his (very big) horse into Marietta to the vet. This was before they lived out at the farm permanently and for some reason, they could not return to the farm immediately. Anyhow, they kept the horse in their backyard for a day or two. I thought it was the most fun thing to to get to ride the horse around their backyard!)
Anyhow...
Justin and I went over to my brother's house bright and early this morning. The kids spent the night with them because Justin and I had a speaking obligation last night. It took almost two hours to get out to the farm. After lots of hellos and hugs we loaded up in the back of the truck to go see the new cabin.
![]() |
| Loadin' up to go see the cabin. |
![]() |
| The view from the cabin's front porch |
![]() |
| Sitting on the front porch swinging and smiling! |
After that we got ready to go tubing. The farm is bordered on two sides by rivers, and we love to float the river. Since we've had so much rain the river was up quite a bit. Uncle Tommy dropped us up river and we finished up at their farm.
I wish I had some pictures, but this summer I am relying on my camera phone, and I certainly didn't want to lose my precious phone in the river! So, you'll just have to imagine 9 folks floating down the river in old black tire tubes having a good time.
After a few hours of tubing we were starving! My sweet aunt and uncle had prepared a cookout by the pond.
![]() |
| The swimming/ fishing pond. |
![]() |
| The weather was beautiful- sunny and warm but not hot. It was so pleasant! |
![]() |
| We roasted hot dogs and finished lunch off with s'mores. |
![]() |
| Justin and Noah went exploring in the Gator. |
![]() |
| Aunt Eolyne and Uncle Tommy |
![]() |
| My sweet nephew Tayne. |
![]() |
| Aunt Eolyne helping Lucy put a marshmallow on her stick. |
My brother's family had to leave a bit early because my nephew had a birthday party to go to. So we hung around to help clean up and put things away. Then we just sat out on the front porch in rocking chairs chatting. It could not have been a more perfect day. If I could buy that farm and retire there I would!












No comments:
Post a Comment