Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Cultural Conundrums

It has been funny to see what the kids find surprising about America.  One of the biggest things is waving and greeting people.

Typically, when we pass someone that person will wave or say hello.  The kids immediately ask, "Who was that?"  I have had to explain to the kids about 400 times that people in America say hello whether you know them or not.

I guess we don't really greet people when we encounter them on the street in our country unless we know them.  And even then, I would never greet a man even if I knew him well.  Likewise, Justin would never greet one of my friends.



Another funny thing... The other day we were walking up to a friend's house for a visit.  He has a nice SUV and a big house.   Noah asked me, "Why does everybody in America have big stuff?  Do they really need all that?"  HA!  Out of the mouthes of babes comes undeniable truth!

No comments: