![]() |
| We started with dodgeball |
![]() |
| Callie was such a great abla (big sister) to the kids. |
![]() |
| Callie trying to figure out who she was going to pelt next! |
![]() |
| These kids lost. |
![]() |
| Then the moms started getting into it. |
![]() |
| They may look innocent, but they were competitive! |
This is when I had to put the camera down and show them how it's done!! Any chance to take out my frustrations in a socially acceptable manner is great with me!
![]() |
| The moms and the kids jumped rope throughout the day. |
![]() |
| Here's my Callie girl doing the jumpity-jump! |
My favorite was the sack race.
It was fraught with trials and triumphs!
![]() |
| Waiting for the starting whistle. |
![]() |
| This is pure hustle! |
![]() |
| Then it was the girls' turn. |
![]() |
| They were every bit as competitive as the boys! |
![]() |
| But, far more dramatic! Many a tear was shed by the ones who lost! |
![]() |
| The finale! |
![]() |
| Look at their faces! |
![]() |
| Derviş won!! |
![]() |
| The mommas couldn't sit on the sidelines for long! |
![]() |
| They were really going for it! |
![]() |
| Callie jumped in for round two! |
![]() |
| They knocked our sweet little teacher out to the way! HA! |
Tug-O-War!
![]() |
| First the whole group competed. |
![]() |
| Then we had competitions between some smaller groups. |
![]() |
| The little girl in the back cracked me up. She was giving it her all. |
Egg Race
![]() |
| Practicing the perfect hold. |
![]() |
| Lining up for the race. |
![]() |
| Lucy's egg fell off the spoon one step before she crossed the finish line. She was brokenhearted! |
For Pete's sake! Why do they have to eat all the time?!?!
I made them some quick quesadillas. Then I announced that I was done for the day (Justin is out of town). I told them to clean up after themselves and put themselves to bed at the appropriate times.
Momma is clockin' out folks!


































2 comments:
Fabulous. I loved all of the pictures. I really got the spirit of the day. Best of all, was feeding the kids and sending them to bed. Very lovely story.
From the pictures it looks as if everyone had a real fun time. I certainly understand your exhaustion at the end of this busy day.
Post a Comment