Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!

It is snowing so hard outside.  It has been snowing all day!

This is such good news.  Even though the sky is still gray, the white flakes flitting down make everything more beautiful!  It blankets the empty lots, construction sites, and everything in its path with beautiful clean white.  I just LOVE it!!

Unfortunately, since the stomach flu had a week and a half long party at our house, it is December 20th and I have not bought ONE Christmas present for my family.  We don't do anything big.  But at least a video or something under the tree from Mom and Dad would be nice.  So, I had to get out in the snow.

Now, local drivers are a bit crazy under normal circumstances.  But, when it's snowing in a place that doesn't get much snow, all the crazies come out and decide to drive around.  It's FUN!!

I do admit to being one of those crazies.  The things that I have done on these roads is another post for another day.  Remind me to tell you!

Anyhow, when I dropped the girls off at school, and my neighbor and her baby at the nearby doctor, the snow wasn't so bad.  But after two hours of shopping things were starting to get a bit too slushy for my liking.  I jumped in the car and very slowly headed home.

I almost made it!

Our area is just too hilly, and I grew up in Georgia.  I'm not such a great snow driver.  So, after repeated attempts to get home, and sliding all around,  I left the car on a nice quiet street.  It is right next to a big wall, away from the intersection, and there is hardly any through traffic.  So it should be ok.  It's only 2 blocks away.

After I got the car situated, I surveyed my purchases, that included some groceries, and decided what was essential.  I didn't want to leave much because I didn't want it to get stolen.  Heavy laden, I trudged home in the snow.

Uphill.

Praise the Lord for our lovely warm flat!  I am so glad to be home!!

One of the things I left in the car was a big pack of toilet paper.

Turns out it was essential.  The cabinet is empty.  Whoops!

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog