Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Things I Learned in the Parent Seminar

While the 1st graders are in their classes going through their introduction to school the parents have to sit through the Parent Seminar.  Here are some of the things I've learned this week...

Children should take at least one bath a week, preferably two or three.

Children should eat 5 servings of bread and rice a day.

Children should learn to feed themselves.  (Yes, most moms here totally hover over their children, to the point of feeding them well into their elementary years!)

Children's brains stop producing the hormone that makes them grow by 8 o'clock int he morning.  SO children should wake up at 8.

Children should change their underwear every day.

Most illnesses come from dirty fingernails.

Children's clothes should be washed weekly.

Parents should have a set time each night to wake their child and take them to the bathroom so they don't wet the bed.

Parents should make sure that their children are able to use the squatty potty and wipe themselves.  (I was supposed to work on the squatty potty over the summer with Lucy but I forgot!  So, we've been in intensive squatty training these past few days!  HA!)

Children should not hit their teachers.


I could go on and on about this seminar.  But I will leave you with a question that one of the parents asked...

"Teacher, I heard that apples cause memory loss.  Is that true?"

No comments: