Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Beautiful Cyprus

Justin's company did an off-site workshop in Cyprus this week.  Families were encouraged to attend and they made it super inexpensive.  So, we decided to tag along with Justin. I was quite nervous about traveling with folks that I don't know too well.  (I hesitate to call it going on vacation, because I have discovered that a vacation involves speaking English!)  

Of course, there were some awkward moments, but over all, it turned out to be really fun!  I LOVED Cyprus!  According to the country that we live in, Cyprus is a country, but according to the rest of the world, it's an illegally occupied territory.  At some point it was a British colony, so they drive on the wrong side of the road, the plugs are the huge British style plugs, and it altogether feels like a very different country.  I totally expected an island extension of our current country, so I was pretty surprised at how different things were.

Another shock was that prices were super cheap!  The taxis were all Mercedeses, and for about the same rent that we are paying, we could rent a stand alone villa with a private pool and sea-view!  I think I hear the Lord calling me to the islands!  HA!!

The view from our room




The view from my lounge chair.
Life is hard!! HA!

I can't describe how beautiful this place was.

The water was crystal clear.

The hotel sat up on these bluffs and down off the side there was a swimming dock.
Then a bit further down there was a beach.
We spent most of our time at the pool because it's easier with the kids.
But several times we went down to swim in the sea.  The water was so clear and the waves weren't too high.

Lucy and Callie playing with Justin's coworker and his wife.

The unlimited food was not necessarily a good thing!


This has been a summer full of travel and new adventures.  It has been so fun to see more of our beloved country.  Definitely a great summer!!!

No comments: