Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Late Night

It's 2:30 in the morning and I am still wide awake! 

Noah's best friend's sweet family had us over for iftar, the fast-break meal, tonight.  The sun set at 8:19 here today, so that is when we ate.  My friend, Aysun, put out a huge spread!  It was so much food!

Of course, after the meal, there is baklava and tea.  Then more tea.  Then lots more tea. 

We didn't even get home until after 1 in the morning!!  Lucy was dead asleep and Callie was a zombie!  I, on the other hand, thanks to a zillion cups of tea, am wide awake!  The good news is that the drummer didn't wake me up because I was already awake!

Actually, I'm not complaining.  (I know, shock!)  Like I've said before, I am such a night owl.  So this is my ideal schedule.  If we could just put everyone else on it.  Unfortunately, we have to get up and out of the flat in just a few hours for our team fellowship!

Other than it being a late night, we had such a good time with this family.  We got the opportunity to share some tidbits of truth.  As per usual, we covered all sorts of other religious topics and about every other topic under the sun, too.  I couldn't believe it when I looked at my watch and it was 1 in the morning!

We love being with this family and hope that our friendship will grow even though Noah is going to a different school next year!

No comments: