Callie had her lesson while Justin, Noah, Lucy, and I had a nice brunch at my favorite cafe. Then we swapped Noah and Callie out. We fed Callie and then had a bit of shopping to do for the picnic that we had planned for the afternoon.
Once Noah finished up we headed home to pack everything up and head out for our picnic. Since it was a holiday, I was worried that we might have a hard time finding a good spot at our favorite forest. So, we went on over and Noah found us a great spot. We got everything set up, and then Justin went to pick our friends up.
Once they arrived, the husband took charge of the grill, and did a great job at it. We ate all sorts of delicious food, drank too much tea, and chatted. The kids ran and played and built their own fire. They kept it going for a really long time and had a blast burning loads of pine straw. I think they cleared the forest floor!
After a few hours, our friends needed to leave. The husband's mother is ill and they needed to visit her for an hour or so before it got too late. So Justin took them home right quick and I got everything packed and cleaned up. (I see a pattern here! Ha!)
When Justin came back he said that our street was already starting to fill up with people again. Tonight marked 7 days since my neighbor passed away. Typically, Muslims will gather on the 3rd, 7th, 20th, 40th, and 50th days after one's death to read from the Koran and pray. After that they typically visit the grave on the 2 holy holidays.
Anyhow, my neighbors and I decided to go down for the 7th day reading. We, mostly Justin, got things cleaned up and put away from the picnic, and I put on my long skirt, long cardigan, and headscarf. Then my neighbors and I sat outside together with the other women while the Imam did the reading down in the building's parking lot with the men. I sat there praying earnestly that the Lord would move in my neighborhood. I was begging Him to come, and for dreams and visions to draw my neighbors to Him.
Afterwards, I got to sit with my neighbors and chat a bit. As we were talking, I got to boldly tell them the Gospel Truth and share from my heart about what I believe. I really felt the Spirit move on me, and I felt bold and courageous. In my five years here, I have shared all sorts of truth, bits of Scripture, and my beliefs, but I have never been able to share this much and this boldly. It was fantastic!
Please pray that Fatma, Ayşe, and Fetiye would not be able to forget what they heard, that the Holy Spirit would churn in their hearts, and that they would be hungry for more truth!
As if that wasn't enough awesomeness, once I got home I talked to my mom, and SHE IS COMING TO VISIT!!!!!!!!!!! I am beyond excited!!!
Then, as if my cup wasn't already running, no spouting over, I got to relax and watch a movie with my sweet husband. We have traveled a lot this summer, and so has our babysitter, so we haven't had the opportunity for a date night in forever. So, this was a mini-date and the perfect ending to a great day!
Praise to the One who is Good and Able. Praise to the one who calls us out of darkness, lovingly washes us of our sin, and clothes us in righteousness!! Praise to the One who uses an ordinary day for His glory!
Please pray that Fatma, Ayşe, and Fetiye would not be able to forget what they heard, that the Holy Spirit would churn in their hearts, and that they would be hungry for more truth!
As if that wasn't enough awesomeness, once I got home I talked to my mom, and SHE IS COMING TO VISIT!!!!!!!!!!! I am beyond excited!!!
Then, as if my cup wasn't already running, no spouting over, I got to relax and watch a movie with my sweet husband. We have traveled a lot this summer, and so has our babysitter, so we haven't had the opportunity for a date night in forever. So, this was a mini-date and the perfect ending to a great day!
Praise to the One who is Good and Able. Praise to the one who calls us out of darkness, lovingly washes us of our sin, and clothes us in righteousness!! Praise to the One who uses an ordinary day for His glory!

1 comment:
I am beyond excited and have started counting down the days. Can't wait to get big hugs from my three grands and their parents.
Love to each of you,
Mom
Post a Comment