In the last 5 hours of visiting 2 different families, I have consumed...
1 Turkish Coffee
1 Stuffed Pepper
3 İçli Köfte- meat and spices inside cornmeal batter
2 Homemade Breadsticks
4 Pieces of Baklava
8 glasses of tea
1 Small Bowl of Sunflower Seeds
Too many chocolates to count
And a large amount of secondhand smoke!
Lord help me!
You absolutely cannot say no to the locals, especially on holidays! They just sort of laugh, and still serve you whatever they want! Mercy! I am FULL!!
I cannot even begin to count the number of pieces of candy that my children have been given. Even when I ask them to stop giving my kids candy, they wait about 5 minutes and then give them another piece! Can you say sugar overload for all of us! This really is the Sugar Holiday!
And, of course, it's 1:30 in the morning and I am wide awake!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I could go for some chi right now. Thinking of you all!
Post a Comment