Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Max & Isaiah Day 1

Isaiah took this picture of Max.
It looks like he is waiting in line for his entry visa.

Max and Isaiah arrived safe and sound, with all baggage in tact on Tuesday late afternoon.  It was labor day here and much to our surprise, everyone must have been home sleeping because the roads were empty.  Justin and Noah went to pick them up and were back home in no time.

Hauling their stuff to the car.
It was so weird to open up the door and see Max and Isaiah on our turf!  My heart was just overwhelmed!  The kids were so excited to give them the tour of our flat.  After over 24 hours of travel they still seemed to be in good spirits.  They surprised us with an iPad that our sending church had so generously given us.

The kids admiring the iPad!
I had made a really mild dinner of chicken and rice with a salad just in case their bodies were revolting from all the travel.  We sat down and ate together, chatting our heads off!  I'm sure their heads were throbbing!  

After we finally got the kids calmed down and in bed, they settled in and unpacked a bit.  Isaiah had asked me for a list of anything we needed.  I sent him a list of some things that were strictly wants, and unbeknownst to me, he sent it out to the whole church!  So, they had 2 huge duffle bags full of stuff for us!!  They had Starburst jellybeans, Reese's peanut butter cups, cake mixes, brownie mixes, frosting, peanut butter, Velveeta cheese sauce, instant pudding, M & Ms, grits (although they exploded en route), hair de-tangling spray for the girls, deodorant, and sunscreen!  They were also gracious enough to bring some things that we had ordered like 20 pounds of books for the kids (no library here :( ), a camera lens, a birthday present for Noah, and some grain that I wanted to try out.  I am telling you what, it was so much stuff!  I was buried in it all!

After a lot more of the talk-y talk they finally pooped out on us and went to bed!  

I'll leave you with this video that Max took of Noah in the car on the way home...



No comments: