Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

In the Midst of Life

Life is in full swing.  Spring is here and we are relishing the time we finally get to spend outside.  I just love to watch creation come to life again after a long winter hibernation.  


Of course, in the city, I have to search a little bit.  The little tree in front of our building has some pretty little buds on it.  The tulips that Lucy planted in a pot in our salon have come and are almost gone.  And the hyacinth that my friend gave me is filling our flat with its beautiful fragrance.


The walks to and from school are so much more pleasant.  Everyone is out in droves (Whatever that really means, I don't know.  Now that I am a language learner, it has made me examine the metaphors and sayings we use with quite the critical eye!).  


It is such a fun and social time.  The picnic season is starting off.  The people here LOVE their picnics.  I guess its a way for people to pretend, albeit for and afternoon, that they aren't stuck in the city.  We have one picnic planned with our precious local friends this coming Saturday and then our annual Easter picnic with our believing friends the following weekend.


We are doing well.  The kids are loving the longer days and warmer weather.  I am loving the extra skip in my step and more upbeat attitude in myself.  Justin is loving riding his motorcycle again.  During the winter he had to layer up with all sorts of gear to try to stay warm.  Now, it's back to his (ultra-cool) motorcycle jacket.   We all took turns taking rides on Saturday.  It's sooo fun!


We have a really nice balance of busy and rest.  I feel like I've found a good groove with visiting.  The Lord has really given me a push towards boldness and intentionality.  With that, I find that I have been able to share snippets of truth a bit more easily.  My goal is to be spiritually conspicuous without being spiritually obnoxious.  It's easier here, I think.  People love to talk about spiritual things, even if their beliefs differ.


Of course, we are still waiting and praying in hope that those around us will hear and accept the Good News we are giving our lives to share with them!!




“My help and glory are in God —granite-strength and safe-harbor-God— So trust him absolutely, people; lay your lives on the line for him. God is a safe place to be." 
Psalm 62:7 The Message

No comments: