Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Snack Time

Today is my day to make snacks for Lucy's kindergarten class.

I am making little mini banana nut bread muffins, a layered cheese pastry that is really common here, and little chocolate chip cookies.  I am bringing a bag of nuts and raisins just in case they reject my food!  Little kids can be so picky, especially when it comes to something new!

I hope they like it!

**** Update****


The teachers were waiting for me at the door begging for my recipes!  They LOVED my food.  They said that the kids did, too!  I am sooo relieved!  Mom, your banana bread is now an international sensation!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

If you even mention the words nut and snack together in my kids school, or even homemade anything for that matter, and you'd be promptly asked to take your snacks home and not come back unless you had some nut-free prepackaged, properly labeled food to offer! I think kids enjoy homemade stuff much more than the styrofoam prepackaged stuff they're allowed to have here.

Elizabeth said...

Hey Jenn!

I thought about that as I was baking! I would have been completely banned from school in the States with those sorts of treats!

It's weird, but kids here don't really have allergies.

Pat said...

I am so glad that everyone liked your snacks. I get the same results from the people that I give banana muffins or bread.
Love to you all, Mom