Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 30, 2012

More Snow!

It snowed a little bit last night.  And when we got up this morning it was snowing again.  But, I had promised the kids that today I would take them ice skating.  Our plans were snowed out on Friday so they were REALLY anxious to go.

Although it started snowing a bit harder we still ventured out to the shopping mall to skate.  Of course, I was not crazy enough to fool with driving so I called a taxi.

Ice skating always sounds like a good idea until you fool with getting those horrible boots on your feet and then step out onto the ice.  We did all have fun.  But I think mostly everyone else had fun watching my kids' bodacious falls.  They were falling all over the place and often times it was like they were in slow motion!  So funny!

Noah, being a 10 year old boy, was not patient enough to take his time and slowly learn to skate.  So he was zooming around wiping out everywhere!  At one point one of the workers brought out a helmet because they were afraid he was going to injure himself!  HA!

Don't worry, there were all sorts of other people wiping out.  So we weren't complete attention hogs!  But the whole event could have easily been a great episode of America's Funniest Home Videos!

Here are some pictures I took with my phone.  I had to delete most of them because they were so blurry- between my graceful (HA!) gliding across the ice and the kids spastic movements, my little camera just couldn't keep up!







We ate lunch at Arby's in the food court.  (Yes they have a few Arby's here.)  And, I must admit, curly fries and cheese sauce are the nectar of the gods!  YUM!!  By the time we finished skating and lunch the snow was really coming down!  

When we got home we couldn't resist playing in the snow.


Our first snowman!







Such a fun day!

But, why on earth does it always only snow during our winter break?!?!

I still have my fingers crossed that the weather will clear up and we can get to the other side to go up in the tallest building in Europe!

No comments: