1. I told my friend today that if I had to have a sister wife I'd choose her. (Maybe you aren't watching that crazy show about the polygamists and so you don't get this. That's ok, just move on.) It's a high compliment!
2. Justin leaves Sunday night to go to London for a week.
3. The kids have FINALLY started sports after months of searching and praying. Noah is playing basketball and the girls are swimming. The place that Noah plays at is relatively close to us, so tomorrow he is riding the bus (i.e.- public transport in a huge city) home by himself.
4. YIKES!! My baby is riding the bus home by himself!
5. Even though Justin will be gone, our weekly babysitter is still coming over. PTL! Momma's night out!
6. I feel like the older I get the more of a night-owl I become. It is really inconvenient!
7. We put up our Christmas tree tonight while watching Mickey's Christmas. We don't decorate very much, but it is still really fun. We are also doing Ann Voscamp's Jesse Tree Advent Devotional each night. That has really been a highlight for me. She has great insight and relates it really well to kids. I love the anticipation of the Christmas season, and I love doing things that make it feel really special.
8. Lucy has decided that she wants a Barbie house. The only Barbie house I can find in this country is stinkin' 400 lira! So, I'm giving that child some cardboard boxes and markers so she can make one.
9. Do you do anything during the Christmas season to help make it special. I need ideas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I make sugar cookie & let the kids decorate them...no comments from me about the design or mess.
That sounds fun.
My kids would really be shocked if I let them loose with some sugar cookies and decorations with no comments from me about the mess. They would KNOW it was a special day!
Great suggestion! Thanks!
It's a blast! I get some interesting cookies, that's for sure! Hope ya'll enjoy it.
We are doing the same Advent study too! It's really good! We also have an Advent calendar with little cubbies for candy and notes ( last night someone forgot to put something in there though, so I had to make up something quick, "What this means is I'll read you the WHOLE Winnie the Pooh Christmas book.")
Robin
Robin,
Sounds like the Tooth Fairy at our house. She is mighty forgetful. But, when she forgets, she doubles the money (from 1 lira to 2 lira) the next night!
Post a Comment