After posting the other day about how Lucy is learning so fast, I couldn't help but to share this, too...
The kids needed a few little things for school so Lucy and I went to the little school supply shop around the corner. I told the guy what we needed, got my stuff, and told Lucy it was time to go. But she was frozen solid, stock-still staring at some stickers. We all sort of laughed and I urged her to come on.
No luck.
Finally the guy asked if she liked the stickers. Even though she hadn't been able to hear or respond to a word I said to her, miraculously she heard the shopkeeper and nodded her head yes. Just for effect, she also let her jaw drop.
(I see an Academy Award in this girl's future.)
The shopkeeper gave her the stickers and she instantly came back to life. Amazing! We thanked the man and went skipping out the door (her not me!).
As we were walking to school she said, "Mom, you know why I was staring at those stickers?"
"No, dear. Where you frozen?"
"No. They were just so sparkley and I really wanted them. I knew if I looked at them long enough that man would give them to me."
Turns out Lucy has also learned how to bargain this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is so funny!
Post a Comment