Today is the first day of the 4 day Sacrifice Holiday. I wrote all about it here.
It is kind of a dark and weird time. Especially the first day, when most of the sacrificing is being done.
We had our weekly small group (team) fellowship this morning so we had to get out. (Usually I like to hide int he flat and not open up the curtains!) I had to beg the kids not to look every time we passed some family hacking away at an animal. It is so gruesome!!
We tried to take a shortcut exit, but it turned out to be right where one of the main animal sellers/ sacrifice places was. So we were stuck in gridlock traffic watching them cart off animals in all different forms. From trying to force cows into their vans (yes, I'm serious) to wheelbarrows full of entrails being carted away. Not fun!!!
I felt a bit traumatized!
But by the time our meeting was over and we got home most of that was over. The weather was nice and we got to spend some time outside playing. Then the fun part of the Holiday starts- the visiting. We went to visit one friend yesterday and will try to go to several each day throughout the rest of the Holiday.
The kids are just happy to have a few days off from school. Well, that and of course, they love being stuffed full of candy at everyone's houses as we visit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment