Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Writing...

Um....

Oh yeah...

I have a blog and I should be writing on it.

I hate it when I pick up a hobby and then all the sudden it feels like work.  Like I have to keep up with it.  It started out as something fun to learn and dabble at, but I quickly become a slave to it.  So I walk away from it.

Hello, cross-stiching 1988.

Hello, painting 1990.

Hello, exercise 1998.

Hello, scrap-booking 2000.

Hello, home-decorating 2004.

Hello, cooking 2005.

Hello, entertaining, 2006.

Hello, language learning 2008.


Remember me?  Nah... I didn't think so.


But, this blog is a bit different.  It's not so much a hobby as an outlet.  I get in a slump and stop writing.  Then I start to miss it, but don't know where to start and can't think of anything to write.

When I write, I feel better.  I am the kind of girl that needs to vent (I did not say rant).  Even if it's the daily mundane stuff of life, I need to tell someone about it.  So I come here to my computer and tell the world-wide-web.  It doesn't matter if anyone even reads it, I feel better after I hit publish.  I've shared a bit of myself and my crazy life here.  Catharsis at its finest!

I used to have a friend who write me a nice but forceful little email when I would knock of on my writing.  That's all I needed to get back on track.  Tragically she passed away just a week before we went to the States.  Without her little kick in the pants I've let it go.

But, I am determined that blogging will not go by the wayside.  It is good for me to share what God is doing in me.  I need this written record to look back on when I feel weak and ready to pack up and go home.

So, here I am at my computer writing.

No comments: