Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Feasting

Yall, while Justin is in Korea I had planned to hide out and relax- no cooking, minimal laundry, and no cleaning.

BUT...

All of my sweet friends are honoring (and protecting us) while he is gone with visits.  I just had five women leave.  At least they told me ahead of time they were coming so I could 1) go to the market and buy some food and 2) cook the food.

BUT...

I had a different friend drop by last night and stay until late.  So, I was up until 2:30 this morning making food for today.

Also, yesterday I took my neighbor to the state hospital far away to hear the results from her follow-up tests.  It's been 6 months since her radiation treatment and everything come out clean and clear.

Praise the Lord!

Also, I went to a çay (tea party) in my building yesterday.

So, around 2 a.m. I started to wrap things up in the kitchen.  I left a few things for today, but not much.  It was all well and good until Lucy's teacher told the moms (when we dropped our kids off at 1) that she wanted to have a parent meeting today- at 4:00!!  That threw quite a wrench into my plans!

I zipped Noah back and forth to guitar, and got to work in the kitchen.  Things were so tight that I had to teach Noah how to put things in and take things out of the oven.  So that he could cook the food I made while I was at the parent meeting.  I was sweating bullets and watching out the classroom window for ambulances.

Luckily, we don't know the number to call for an ambulance.

Oh... I kid (not really).  He was just fine, didn't even have a minor burn on him!

So, that was my day... and pretty much my week.  It has been unusually busy.  But at least I've barely had time to think about how much I miss Justin!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Good you have the car!!!! Glad you are being entertained!!! =) Miss ya lots!!! Hope Lucy had a good b-day. I am a terrible friend!!! I have all of your birthday cards in an envelope in the back of my car and haven't made it to the one post office in this silly town!!! I am sure you know how I feel!!! Love ya!!
Jenn

daftsonographer said...

I found your blog through Kelly's Korner last week & have found myself gravitating to it at least 2-3 times this week. LOVE to read about your experiences. Hope all continues to go well while Justin is gone. :-)

Elizabeth said...

Hey Daft,

I am so glad that you like my blog. It started out as a way to stay close to our family and friends since we are so far away. But it has morphed into a fun and cathartic hobby for me!

I tried to hop over to your blog, but when I clicked on your name it comes up private.

Blessings,
Elizabeth