Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cry Babies

Lucy is doing great in kindergarten.  School doesn't officially start until next week.  They just have this week to meet their teachers and get used to things before all the kids come.  It has only been one hour a day.

For most of the kids this is their first school experience (no pre-school, church nursery, or Mom's Morning Out) so they freak out.  The moms are even worse.  They sit outside the door and if they even hear their child get upset, they rush in to comfort them.

Needless to say there is a lot of weeping and drama.  Well, and a lot of laughing from me over the ridiculousness of the whole deal.

The kids FINALLY start school on Monday.  I am so ready.  Since we've been back from the States I've had a hard time keeping to any type of schedule.  I am hoping that even though their school schedules are crazy this year, it will at least give us a bit of structure.

In other news, the weather looked like it was getting cooler, but now it's a bit hot again.  We had to leave the windows open last night to sleep.   It was so loud!  By the time the call to prayer was broadcast at 5:47 this morning I was about ready go crazy.  I rolled out of bed, shut the windows, and decided I'd rather sweat than be woken up constantly by loud city noise!


I think we're going to the beach on Sunday to celebrate our last day of summer before school starts!  So EXCITED!!!

1 comment:

Pat said...

I believe the scene and Mothers you described could have easily been you when Noah started kindergarten. It is sad for all Mothers to realize that their babies are growing up. So glad Lucy is having a good experience.
Love, Mom