Here's another crazy thing that happened the other night. Although not nearly as crazy as this.
Of course I wore my jersey to the game. As I was just starting out, I hopped on the minibus that runs close to our flat. The drivers know me, and it wasn't very full (miracle!!), so we were all chatting about the game. (Side note- the people here go crazy when they see a foreign woman wearing a local team's jersey.)
A car full of women and children dressed in team gear pulled up next to us. So, the minibus driver rolled down his window and asked if they were going to the game. They told him that they were. So, he asked if they had room for one more. "Of course," they said. So we both stopped and the minibus driver, thinking he'd done me a favor, tried to give me to them. When I said no thank you, the other passengers tried to encourage me that I should go. They were all saying that it was no problem. The car only had women and children. Don't worry! But, in the end I explained that I was meeting up with a group of women at the Metrobus. We all said our thank-yous and goodbyes and drove off.
Can you believe it?
Sometimes my life here is so crazy I can hardly even believe it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The awesome thing is you were a part of a International news event and a historical event in the SuperLiga. That is just kewl! Fenerbahce or Manisapor? I'm guessing the first? You should respond to your comments. :)
I agree with Josh, you should respond to comments!
What so you want me to say?
Hey Josh!
Hey Mom!!
Post a Comment