It's Independence Day!!!
I always have to try at least three times before I am able to spell independence correctly. Ironically, I am teaching my kids to spell this summer. HA!
Anyhow, we usually sort of forget about Independence Day, but this year I am on top of things! I'm having a tiny get-together with some American friends to celebrate.
Justin and the kids bought me a grill for Mother's Day. So we are going to grill hamburgers. I even have some cheddar cheese that I brought back from London. I have diligently saved it in the freezer for this very occasion!
Faint from joy!!
The only bad news is that I still do not have a gun. So, I have nothing to fire off into the air in celebration.
Next year!?
I am more appreciative than ever for The United States of America. Our country may not be perfect. But, I have experienced first hand just what a treasure freedom is. And am so grateful for the brave men and women who volunteer (military service is mandatory for men here) to put their lives on the line to protect our way of life. Several of my very close relatives have served our country in war and peacetimes. I am so proud of them! And I am proud to be an American.
God Bless the USA!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment