1. While the kids were away we took away the Disney Channel. What kind of world do we live in when the Disney Channel is a bad influence on my kids? We had gotten the satellite package to give them a chance to escape from culture and watch TV in English, and to give them a peek into our culture. What an ugly peek it was! No more smart-mouthed, back-talkin', trying to be witty remarks to influence my kids. No more far too mature love stories influencing my kids. It's time to put our foot down!!
2. I am in no way complaining, but it is unseasonably cool here so far this summer. Last year was the hottest summer that anyone here can remember. Praise the Lord that we missed that, and now, this year, the summer has been mild and BEAUTIFUL!! Blue skies and 75 degrees.
3. We started a bit of home-school yesterday. Typically I have to supplement their education during the summers to keep them at grade level on English language arts stuff. I am working on pre-reading with Lucy and reading and spelling with Noah and Callie. Lucy is not as far along as I had thought, and that is a bit discouraging. Noah and Callie are doing great. I have found a great curriculum that they love. They couldn't wait to "do school" today! Praise the Lord!
4. We are so loving our car this summer. We went to the beach last weekend and it turns out that it is only about 30 minutes away! We had been a few times before, but it took at least 2 hours on several forms of practically unbearable public transport. Praise the Lord for the beach. It is such a fun place for our kids to shake off a bit of this apartment-living!!
5. We'll be stateside in one month! WOOT!!
6. Have you ever heard that calamity happens in threes? I guess I tired to make this come true in our lives because after my hair disaster, I gave into my girls' pleas to get their hair cut. Double UGH!!!
Callie's hair is shorter than I would ever want it to be, but it does look cute... I think. Lucy's is just a plain blunt cut. But the hairdresser was so sweet (this is sarcasm) to attach, with pliers, a lock of pink hair. A four year old Hannah Montana. FAN-TASTIC!
I can remember when I was exactly Callie's age begging my mom to let me get my long beautiful hair cut. She finally gave in after I convinced her that I would love it.
I hated it!
So what do you do when you get a haircut that you hate in the 80's?
PERM IT!!!
I looked something like this:
![]() | ||||||
| taken from HOT 103 website |
| Yeah, but without the dimples. Not so cute! |


2 comments:
I think I had that haircut when I was young too! Nothing like the female mullet to turn all the boys' heads!
We watch too much Disney channel. I tell the kids, what's funny on tv isn't funny in real life. If I see it in real life, then we're watching too much tv.
Robin
Post a Comment