Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Like the Call of the Wild

UGH!!

Yall, I caved.  Give a girl a few minutes of free-time and what does she do?

Head straight to the salon!

This time I thought I was prepared.  I had explained to several different local friends what I wanted and asked if that was even possible.  (Like, really, is it possible to make my hair look normal and natural but with no gray.  Am I asking too much?!?!)  They all assured me that it was indeed possible and we rehearsed different ways of saying it.

To the (new) salon I go.  I thought I asked for my hair to be colored a natural light brown and a trim because I am trying to grow my hair out.

What I must have said was, can I pay you some money to make me look stupid?  Oh, and if you have some extra orange hair painty-stuff back there, could you throw that in the mix, please?  Thank you!

I swear, of all the cultural things that I knew would be tough, I did not dream that the salon would be my biggest stumbling block!!

No wonder the women here wear headscarves!!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Pictures????

Elizabeth said...

Not on your life!!

Pat said...

I sure it is not that bad!!!

Jennie said...

pish posh...email them to me =)