Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Gunshots and the Two Scoop Special

Yall, I know, I know, I know it's stupid, but every time I hear gunshots I am first one out on the balcony to see what's going on.  Usually someone's favorite team has scored a point or won a game, or some boys are going off to do their military service, or someone is getting married.  Shots fired in the air.  It's not like I'm hanging my head over the balcony or anything!


What can I say?  I love a little action.


Also, I secretly want a gun, too!


Speaking of gunshots, Justin comes home from Egypt tomorrow.  He saw lots of areas that were just ruined from the violence and unrest that has overwhelmed that country- burned out buildings, and places that look like a war-zone.


(I promise he went there to work.  And, he assures me that he is, in fact, working.  It's only after hours that he tours bomb-sites!)


Aside from the ruined and desolate places he has seen, he has also spotted and partaken of Baskin-Robbins.


BASKIN ROBBINS!!!!!


Now, yall, I could tell you about the time, just after we were married when I worked at a copy shop right next to a Baskin Robbins.  I tell you what, 13 years later and I am still trying to get rid of the evidence of my love for the double scoop sundae!  This big girl loves her some ice cream!!


So, anyhow, Baskin Robbins.  Can you believe it?  Even better, still, is that Baskin Robbins was also in Thailand.


It really does beg the question...


Why on earth don't we have Baskin Robbins here?  


I mean really, the folks in this country LOVE ice cream.  I have even heard that they are the world's #2 consumer of ice cream behind the United States.  That may be an urban legend, but I am choosing to believe it!


So, does anyone know the phone number for the BR franchise hotline?


And, does anyone want to make an investment in an overseas development project?  It's a sure-fire return!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

See, you were wondering how you could serve those around you and bless them. I would say ice cream is definitely a blessing!
The Baskin-Robbins website has a page exclusively for international franchises. If you are interested, here's the link http://www.baskinrobbins.com/About/International.aspx