Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Circus

So, I am going through my photo files, and I realized that I never did a proper post on our circus adventure.  Yall, the thing about not living in America is that there is hardly any litigation here.  So everything is a bit more on the edge- more dangerous, but definitely more fun!  The same holds true with the circus.

I don't know where this circus originated from, but I don't think it was from here.  There were all sorts of Europeans, Soviets, and Slavs.  It was in the parking lot of the big market across the road from us.  For days everyone in our area watched them set up and the anticipation grew like wildfire.

A dear friend gave us some Christmas money, so we decided to see the circus on New Year's Day and let Noah and Callie each invite a friend.   The circus tent was so big on the outside, but once we were inside it felt sort of small.  Meaning we were right up close to the action!


We walked in, found our seats, and immediately saw this.


This dude was walking around the crowd with a baby lion.
It was beautiful.  You could pet it and get your picture taken with it.


Noah and his best friend Emirhan.


Callie (sporting her sequined beret) with her best friend Ceyda and Lucy.


Justin even sprung for carny-food!


Popcorn!


Lucy was so excited about the circus.  She LOVES animals.


The horse trainer had the horses stand right up on the little barrier between the audience and the performance ring.


They were so close and so beautiful.


This couple did some sort of ariel dance.  It was really pretty.


The dogs.  Actually, they weren't all that well trained.
But, that made them more fun to watch.  They were awfully cute!


Yall, when it was time for the tigers to come out all they did was drop dow this netting.  Anyone could have reached right through that net and pulled the tiger's tail!  If I had been on the front row I would have.  Watching them perform, it was obvious that those cats are super strong.  That net wouldn't have even slowed an angry tiger down!


Now, I hate birds.  I do not like to see them or be near them.  But this man and his birds were so endearing.  He loved them so much.  He talked to them, kissed them, and treated them so kindly.


This is sort of hard to make out.  But its a monkey walking around the ring.


Posing in front of the big top.


After the circus we took the kids to lunch at McDonald's.  Our guests said they liked the food, but I think they were just being polite!

We had such a good time at the circus.  We were right up in the action and it was so fun to see all the animals.  After we ate lunch we walked around behind the circus tent to see the animal trailers.  The next show was about to start so some of the workers brought one of the beautiful white horses over close to the fence for the kids to see and pet.  Lucy was in heaven!  It was such a special treat and a great day!


No comments: