Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Epic Mail Fail

I wrote our Compassion child just the other day.   I was so excited to mail a letter to him... until I tried.

FAIL! 


The mail system here is unbearable!!  I hurried up to the farther away post office because you can park near it.  At Christmas time I waited in line for an hour and a half (which is normal, it's not like people here were trying to mail Christmas cards or anything) in line at this post office only to find when I got up to the ONE guy working that they didn't have stamps!

Talk about goin' postal!!!

Anyhow, like a dog returns to its vomit, I returned to the post office of death.  It was closed for lunch.  UGH!  I tried to convince the guys on the cargo side to mail my letter for me.  Not happening.

So, with utter sadness, I forced myself to go to the good post office.  The two guys who work upstairs in this post office are so nice to me, and they make things so easy.  The only problem is, the post office is located right smack dab in the middle of the busiest part of our area.  The building is straddled by three lane roads (which means that at least 10 rows of cars are squeezing their way by).  Traffic is crazy.  There is no parking.

I circled the block 5 times trying to convince myself to just do what everyone else here does and just park right out front of the building and throw on the flashers.  It would only take a second to run in and mail my ONE letter.

I couldn't do it.  Defeated, I parked about a mile away.  When I finally got there, it was closed for Friday prayers!!

UGH!  I forgot!

I trekked back down to my car and made a vow or two against the local postal service.

The next day, Saturday, I had Justin drop me off while he circled the block.  In and out.  No problem.  Mission accomplished!

2 hours and 2 days later!

Well, except for today, my letter arrived... HERE!  TO ME!

They sent the letter to me!  They read the return address and delivered it right back to me.  Its not like there was a problem or it was returned.  It was just mistakenly delivered here.  I guess they could only read the address written in the local language.

So, tomorrow, I'll start the mailing process again!  I hope our sponsored child, Mohammad, knows how much we love him, and that he is worth every bit of the effort!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I wish sponsors here who only have to stick the envelope in their mailbox at the end of their driveway would care halh as much about getting a letter to their sponsored children!
We have so many wonderful public services here that we take for granted so often! Reading your blog helps me to appreciate each one more!