Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Retreat: The Rest

***** Don't forget to enter my giveaway right here!*****

I wrote about the first day of our team retreat here if you are interested.

Several families had to come up a bit later for various reasons, but by Friday night our whole team was together.  We had such a good time together.

One of the highlights for me was the opportunity to worship freely.  Since we all live in apartments in the city, we have to be a bit careful about the noise we make and what our neighbors can hear.  But, being up on a mountain, out in the middle of nowhere, we could sing our hearts out!  It was great!

Here are a few more pictures from the weekend:

This is the bucket of firewood.  You could easily exchange the new bucket for the empty one in the stove or just add wood as needed.


This is what the stoves looked like.   They were in each of the bigger gathering rooms and in some of the bedrooms.


The "neighbors."


The local mosque.  It is closed during the winter because hardly anyone is in this tiny village at that time.  The people all come up with their herds during the spring, summer, and fall.


The frozen pond near the house.  There was a big wooden play fort made like a boat.


Lucy settling into her bed.


The view from the front door.


The house dog had puppies.  Of course, they were a HUGE hit!  


The mosque.


Callie


The wood stove in this room was the largest.  It had a cook-top and an oven on the side.


Looking down towards the pond.


Lucy could have played with those puppies all day!  That child loves animals!


Justin could have played with the stoves all day!  That child loves fire!


Noah reading Scripture during one of our worship times.


Noah playing a game with the boys one night.


Each night I was in charge of giving a little slide show of pictures from that day.  It was a fun task, and I think everyone loved seeing fun pictures of themselves.  Justin was helping me get the slide show together.

Retreats are just the best!  It is such a blessing to get out of your environment and just focus on the Lord.  Of course, going to a beautiful place makes it easy!  I just look at God's amazing creation and  instantly want to worship our beautiful Lord who made it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had this opportunity and it was such a blessing for all of you. Deb

Valarie said...

I love the wood-burning stove! I'm glad that you guys had some much-needed time away! Love you guys!