I know... I know!! It has been a long time since I have posted random ramblings. I'm sure you've missed this type of post like a hit to the head with a rake.
So here goes...
Randomness #1
When I was younger we never had leftovers. We had smorgasboard. Now, you and I know that that is just leftovers with a fancy name, but none the less, my mom stuck to her guns. Now that I am a mom, guess what we have...
SMORGASBOARD!!!
And it is still not so great. We rarely have leftovers because I try not to cook loads of food- just what we'll eat, but tonight's smorgasboard is gonna be a winner (HA!!). We have such random leftovers- a bit from Thanksgiving, a bit from taco night, a hot dog, some noodles, YUM!
How about some mashed potatoes, with a side of rice casserole, noodles, and a biscuit? Want some gravy on that? Or, you are welcome to broccoli cassarole, green bean casserole, creamed spinach, some stuffing, and a hot dog. Do you want gravy on that? How 'bout a bit of taco meat?
Randomness #2
My parents gave us a dryer for Christmas. Have you heard about her? Her name is Lorraine, and I LOVE her!
I think that initially my mom was worried that if she gave us a dryer, especially since we bought it a month and a half early, that come Christmas Day I'd be sad that I didn't have anything to open and play with.
WRONG!!!!
With Lorraine, it's like every day I get a gift! The stress of laundry is lifted. There is no more sleeping on slightly damp sheets or freaking out if someone's school uniform gets super dirty when they have to wear it the next day. No more hanging up each individual sock, cleaning rag, and pair of panties! There will be no regret on Christmas morning, that's for sure!!!
Today I even washed three sets of sheets- and only one of them was peed on!!! I didn't have to check the weather the night before or jump out of bed first thing in the morning and strip the bed to start the long washing and drying process. Hallelujah life is good!!
Randomness #3
We got some candy corn in a package today. We haven't had candy corn for over three years, and Lucy has never had it! SWEET MERCY that stuff is fantastic!! We finished off an entire bag! (In our defense, it was a small bag!)
Randomness #4
We all survived "no screen week" and it was much better than we thought it would be!
What random things are you thinking about?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That you are one of the few people I know that would name their dryer! Hee Hee.
I didn't name my dryer, but boy did I love it. No more crunchy underwear!!! Love the leftovers idea, too.
Random thought: my security word to post this comment is "butherm". Who makes up these things anyway? ;-)
I love Lorraine for you too how many things do us spoiled ones take for granted I still remember getting my first dryer it was wonderful no more hanging out diapers sheets etc thats been almost 49 years ago wow I am spoiled --as a child I had to hang out my sisters and brothers diapers and clothes and then iron their clothes when they were dry no perma press back then. Enjoy Lorraine and maybe I will name mine to how does gertie sound? haha
Post a Comment