Last night we had three sets of neighbors and their children over for tea. It was wild, but fun.
Children elementary age and up are supposed to help their parents. Boys do whatever their fathers do and girls do whatever their mothers do. Often times boys even go to work with their dads when they don't have school. Noah is a bit of an exception because I make him help me, too.
I am so proud of my kids. They are learning so quickly. Last night they were such a big help. Our neighbors are very religious, so the men and women have to sit in separate rooms. That means A LOT of running around serving everyone for me.
Noah and Callie tried their best to take care of the babies, and keep them entertained so their mothers could drink tea. (Our cultural responsibility as hosts.) They also helped serve everyone and let me know whenever one of the men's tea-glasses was running low.
In the end, when I finally got to sit down, I asked them to load the dishwasher and clean up the kitchen...
AND THEY DID IT!!
It was such a blessing! I am so glad that I have stuck with making them do chores- even if it sometimes seems like it would have easier to just do it myself. Tonight it really paid off!! My kids know how to do so much around the house!
Amen!
Hallelujah!
I have had a cold for a few days, so after last night I am wiped out! But it was such a good chance to spend time with the neighbors in our building. We have been praying and asking the Lord for deeper relationships with our neighbors, and He is answering!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yea, for Noah and Callie and I am sure Lucy was in charge of entertainment. I am so proud of them.
They are wonderful and awesome kids with wonderful and awesome parents.
Post a Comment