A few weeks after we got back from America we met some friends down by the water to explore the sultan's summer palace.
After we got off the bus we stopped at a little park by the water, ate a quick lunch, and played for a little bit.
Then we walked over to the palace. It is almost under one of the huge bridges that help connect our city.
The palace is right on the water- just across from the regular palace. The summer palace is much smaller than the regular palace, but it is still huge. I think the smaller size and the way the breeze comes off the water helped to keep it cool in the summer.
I took this picture because these women are dressed like very typical women from this country. Most women wear a headscarf and a trench coat sort of thing- usually long, but sometimes a bit shorter.
Almost every room in the palace had huge windows with an amazing seaside view- even the bathroom. I wouldn't mind living here, but only if I had a staff of people to help me keep it clean!!!















No comments:
Post a Comment