Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Things I Like

I need a major attitude adjustment today.  So I decided to make a list of things that I like about our country of service:


1. The food is good.


2. Chocolate is plentiful.


3. Children are cherished.


4. The elderly are respected, listened to, and taken care of.


5. Every day feels like an adventure.


6. People hole higher value than work or things.


7. Community is essential.


8. The landscape is diverse- beautiful beaches, lush mountains, scrappy deserts


9. I can wear jeans.


10. Public transportation is plentiful.


11. The history of the world can basically be found here.


12. People make due with less.


13. Boys play soccer in the street all day.


14. People dress as nicely as they can.


15. Guests are a blessing.


16. They are great storytellers.


17. I can get the butcher to prepare the meat I am buying however I want for no additional cost- i.e. cubed chicken breast, ground beef, boneless chicken thighs


18. Neighbors often send over a plate of whatever treat they are making.  I return the plate with treats the next time I bake.


19. When I need a taste of America McDonald's, Burger King, Domino's Pizza, Starbucks, and KFC are here.


20. Drinking tea with someone is a great way to pass the time.


21. They love to laugh.


22. Learning new things keeps your mind young.


23. My kids are growing up bilingual.


24. We get to help people daily.


25. God loves these people.






"Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."
Romans 12:2

2 comments:

Pat said...

Counting your blessings is always an eye opener and an attitude adjuster.
Love you,
MOM

Heidi said...

You paint a beautiful picture of where you live....hold on to that!