(Just to warn you there are a LOT of pictures to follow. I am trying to become a better photographer and that entails taking lots of pictures.)
I went to Lucy's school to lead the class in a few games. I had asked the teacher if I could (don't ask me why), but as it was approaching I was getting so nervous. Once things got going I was fine (albeit sweaty!).
Her school is just so cute. The teachers love the kids and they are always doing the most creative things.
![]() |
| Lucy loves her teacher. She is so sweet and full of energy. When she saw me pull out my camera she excused herself and went to put on more makeup and lipstick!! |
We started with pin the tail on the donkey. Justin drew and colored that Eeyore. Isn't it beautiful! He also made cute little tails for all of the kids. I was wanting to have the kids color and cut out their own tails, but time didn't allow (plus, I think the teacher is afraid to let the kids use scissors!!). So the assistant, teacher, and I quickly cut them out. Then I explained the game to the kids. I was proud of myself because it seemed like they all understood me! Next Lucy demonstrated.
After a few minutes the assistant couldn't handle it anymore. She had to help the kids get it in the right spot. Neither the teacher or assistant would let the kids stick it where they actually tried to. I still kept spinning them around several times, though!
After the tails were all pinned on Eeyore it was time for cake. I ordered Lucy's cake from a local bakery. She picked out Cinderella. It was a beautiful cake!
![]() |
| Here comes the cake! |
![]() |
| The fork didn't last long. The kids were two fisting it in no time! |
![]() |
| This little girl was so cute but so naughty! She went over to the cake while no one was looking and FINISHED IT OFF !! |
After cake time we played the drop the clothespins in the jar game. I didn't get any pictures because I was surrounded- rather tightly- by small children! Then we went down to the play room and the teacher did a puppet show for the kids. I was amazed at how much they loved something so simple!!
I think that the kids had fun. Lucy sure did!! She is such a sweetheart. They all just love her so much!
After Lucy's school party we went home and waited for Daddy, Noah, and Callie to get home. Then we went to meet Lucy's friend at McDonald's.
I'll post the pictures from her family celebration tomorrow (or maybe in April!).





































1 comment:
I love that you have brought new games into their culture! Pin the tail on Eeyore. I love it!
Post a Comment