Today started like any other day. But then about 9:30 the washing machine repair guys called and arranged to bring my machine back.
After I regained consciousness from the shock I knew today was going to be a
The guys brought my beloved machine back all cleaned up and fixed. They even replaced a broken knob that I had super glued back on the thing- no charge!
For the knob not the newly replaced electrical system. That cost big bucks!
When the machine broke I considered that God was giving me a sign that I should run out and buy a new washing machine. And as long as I had made the trip to the store I should celebrate the fact that dryers are finally coming into the country by buying one of those, too. A fantastic plan, no? He assured me that this was not the case. So did Justin.
I will survive. But after doing laundry all evening, there is not a spare nook or cranny of the flat that does not have some sort of wet fabric hanging from it! My racks can't hold it all!
In other great news, I spent the afternoon eating cheesecake.
HELLO!!
We don't really have that here. But, there is one little shop in the most lovely little village nearby that is owned by a foreign lady. She sells some of our products, so my friend asked my to ride along with her to check the stock.
What kind of friend would I be to allow her to ride alone, or eat cheesecake alone, for that matter? Mine was chocolate. It was divine!
The final straw to the loveliness of today was as I was cooking dinner the school shirt store called. They got the shirts in that I needed.
Can I get an Amen and a Hallelujah?
I fainted again! Oh, the shock is to great for my weak ticker!!!
My neighbor and I went up there and got the shirts. They are in my house right now!!
In total I went up to that store no less than 6 times. The last few they would laugh when I walked in. That's why they finally had mercy on me and took my number down. Tonight the call came! I felt like Ed McMahon was at my door handing me a big 'ole check!!
It was a great day. Great indeed!!!
So, check you local forecast. Look to the sky. Pigs are flying somewhere right now!!!
****Shocking Update*****
(that may be an exaggeration)
Justin's shoes were stolen the same night mine were!! We just didn't notice as quickly. I talked to my neighbor today. Shoes were stolen from her building, too!
I thought that all the shoes they sell in the bazar looked used. Now I know they are!! I cannot stop myself from staring at everyone's feet as they pass. Who knows how I'll react when I see someone walk by with mine on!!

2 comments:
Wow! Your cup overflows!
Actually, I wondered what kept people from stealing your shoes when I realized that you actually left them OUTSIDE your door. Have you brought them inside now or is that so inappropriate in your culture that you can't even consider it? You need to get a safe of invent some sort of lock system - something like a bike chain, maybe! Again, another business for Justin! Hee hee! The only thing that could have made your day better is for your shoes to magically reappear in the morning.
you know the word!!! Love you sweet girl
Post a Comment