Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jack Hammers

I have had the lovely sound of jack hammers ringing in my ears for a while now. The beautiful new asphalt that was laid (poured? done?) just a week ago is already being removed in places. I think they were in such a hurry to get it done before the holiday that they did a sloppy job. Now they are having to go back and redo a lot of things!

That's how that goes!


Also, to the person that I told that its not all that loud here,

I LIED!

It is so stinkin' loud here! There is constant city noise flowing up into my window.

I am so sorry! I didn't mean to lie. It turns out that when I crossed the border going to the States this summer I got some sort of amnesia. It's like that pregnancy amnesia that you get.

You forget all of the bad stuff and can only remember it as a glorious experience. Then the next time you go into labor, its like, "Oh Crap!! I remember this. It's gonna hurt!!!"

When we got back here We were sort of like, "Oh, its not like we remembered it." Maybe more realistically like, "Oh Crap!! I remember this. It's gonna hurt!!!"

Don't get me wrong, its nice here. But perhaps not quite like the glowing report I gave it this summer. I wasn't trying to be dishonest, I just forgot. My, my, how the memories are slapping me in the face now.

This truly is a different land!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sweet girl love you and miss you wish I could have spent more time with you as you are so special to me yarp every day for you and your family
Hugs
Ramona

Anonymous said...

forgot I love my Callie quotes what a gal Lizzie are you ready for this girl its going to be quite a ride just like it was with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just saying
love ya