SO much has happened in the past two and a half weeks! Our life has been like a whirlwind! A really great and fun whirlwind.
Here's a random list of thoughts...
1. I went to the bank the other day and didn't even know how to deposit a check anymore! I felt like an idiot.
2. My brother's wedding was BEAUTIFUL and so much fun! We danced, laughed, and saw so many family members and old friends. I have never had so much fun at a wedding!
3. I am shocked at how foreign yet how familiar things feel.
4. Dryers are AWESOME! I had forgotten how wonderful and quick they are. Oh sweet mercy... I want one!!
5. Making choices is too overwhelming. There are way too many choices- regular, large, low-sodium, low-fat, shredded, new and improved, classic, quick cup, individually wrapped, snack size, family size, bite size, with bacon, sensitive, preservative free, etc. The list could go on for days. Ugh... what to choose!
6. Driving is one of the best things on earth!! I can run several errands in the same trip. Justin and I can carry on a conversation. Our family can listen to music. The automobile... THE. AUTOMOBILE. IS. AWESOME!!! Thank you Henry Ford. We rented a minivan for the summer and I may not give it back!!
7. I feel like my brain has taken a vacation. I cannot figure out wether it is because I accidently went blonde (another story for another day- involving not quite enough beauty shop vocabulary and a sexy male hairdresser) or if its because I am overwhelmed. But the blank stare is my favorite look these days!
8. Dear dresses, I love you! It is so fun to wear cute little dresses again. (Hey Mom, Bet you NEVER thought you'd hear that statement from me, did ya?!)
9. Foods that I had forgotten about- Cool Ranch Doritos, Fruit Loops, sausage gravy, barbeque potato chips, Sun Chips, Blimpie, Dr. Pepper, Bubblelicious Bubble Gum, Slush Puppies, Sourdough Bread, Country Time pink lemonade, granola bars, blue cheese dressing, banana pudding, cool whip, red velvet cake, rice crispie treats, and grilled cheese. I cannot imagine how I forgot about them, because... YUM!!
10. It has been so amazing to spend time with friends and family again. My heart and soul are so full!!
11. I am afraid that my kids will think this is what life in America is always like and never want to leave. I am pretty sure they will remember this as one of the best summers of their lives.
12. I might, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So glad you all are having fun
Hugs to each of you
Love ya
Ramona
Post a Comment