We have been in America for almost two weeks. During our time here we have eaten more than our fair share of pork products, camped with my brother and his family, given my other brother away in marriage, been to a wedding shower, tried our best to spend every waking minute with our precious family and friends, celebrated Justin's and Noah's birthdays, sent the kids to Vacation Bible School, driven our rental van with complete joy, gone to the funeral of an amazing man, eaten too much, and been spoiled rotten.
So far, so good!!!
We have adjusted to the time difference- for the most part. I just woke up from a two hour nap. Lucy slept through my brother's wedding- she was supposed to be the flower girl! The kids sometimes wake up at 6 am and other days wake up at 9.
I am amazed at how my brain has clicked back into "American Elizabeth" mode. One day I dropped the kids off at Bible School and went back out to the parking lot and got into my rental car. Problem was it wasn't my car!! Before we moved I had a silver Honda Odyssey, and that's what I hopped into! We are driving a blue Chrysler minivan! My brain is a little mixed up to say the least!!
Not much has changed here, but it all feels different. I know that's because I am different. I am surprised to find how much of the middle eastern culture I have adopted without even realizing it!
Most of all I am just so happy to see our loved ones again. It is a blessing!!!
Pictures to come... someday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Its a blessing to have you here
Love ya
Oh well...it posted anyway. :-) I thought you had to have email approval.
Post a Comment