Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Christmas 2009

Yeah, I know that Christmas was 3 months ago. So this is more for me than you. My blog doubles as my scrapbook of our lives.

Christmas was great this year. We gave the kids bean bag chairs and they got a few presents from family in the States. (That is one of the advantages of living here!!)

When they woke up we did stockings- lots of candy, new toothbrush and toothpaste, and crayons with a coloring book. Then we ate breakfast. I always make gorilla bread. If you have never tried it it's a Paula Dean recipe. Try it!!! We opened presents slowly. The kids were really happy! Callie's favorite was an ipod. Noah's favorite was a real football. Lucy's favorite... well, the jury is out on that one. She was into everything!!! I gave Justin some movies that I found at a store on the other side, and he gave me some new earrings.

Later in the afternoon we had a big lunch. I did a turkey, creamed spinach, biscuits, mashed potatoes, and carrots. Also, Callie made a Happy Birthday Jesus cake in the afternoon. After our feast we took the kids over do some fun things at a place near us. The girls rode ponies, but Noah didn't want to. They all jumped on the trampoline until they collapsed! A great energy buster!!!

It was a great day. Low-key and family centered. Here are some pictures:







































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and oh my love the Callie quotes
Love to you all
Ramona

Anonymous said...

Christmas in March is exactly what was missing. I so enjoyed the pictures and comments. I am glad that the girls liked their purses.