UGH!!! I am learning to be flexible. I knew coming into this line of work that the #1 thing I needed was love for the Lord, and the #2 thing was flexibility. That is super hard for someone as ...um... particular as me. I like things a certain way. I think through my day and schedule things in a way that will best suit the kids. In other words, I plan, plan, plan! So when things don't go according to plan I try my best to be calm, but it is hard. Yes, ask my family, it is HARD to live with me!!
Anyhow, we have new team members arriving tonight. A family that has been in another part of the country for 2 years, and is now transitioning onto our team and into working with the poor. They have two young girls. One is Lucy's age and the other is 3 months old.
They are arriving tonight on a plane and staying with us until their flat is set up. Just a few days. So, I have spent the day cleaning. I was almost finished, except for the kitchen because I wanted to wait until after I fed the kids lunch. Just as we finished lunch the doorbell rang. It was our downstairs neighbors coming up for a visit. Now, in my head I had quite a list of things to do before they arrived, but in reality NOTHING in this country comes before guests. So I invited them in, and we visited for 3 hours!
Once the mother, grandmother, and baby left (the fourth grader stayed to play) I surveyed the damage. Oh those kids!!! They can reverse a hard days work in a wink! So out the mop comes, and I am back to work. Hopefully I handled the visit with grace and joy even if my mind was preoccupied!!!
F-L-E-X-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am proud of you! I love you, Mom
Post a Comment