Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Brain Dumping

I am going to dump the contents of my brain on you. This should be fun (and short!).

1. Here are some pictures of the gypsies stealing stuff that I took from my window. I LOVE gypsies!!




2. The poor kids were using large old plastic water bottles to sled down the steep hill next to us.

3. Ramadan started yesterday. Things are different during this time.

4. Everyone is totally sitting at their tables with utensils in hand anxiously waiting for the cannon to fire and signal the end of fasting for the day. As soon as the cannon goes off, they begin stuffing their faces like they haven't eaten in months. It looks like something from the Simpsons.

5. Because my Dad had some questions, here are pictures of our squatty potty. You can use the faucet and pitcher to manually flush. We are fancy and have a water tank on the wall that you can pull the string and it flushes sort of like normal.



6. The evening meal that breaks the fast is called Iftar. Tonight, my sweet neighbor brought a plate of their Iftar selections up for us to try. So I am about to return the plate with some selections from our Iftar meal. We had Taco pile on- sort of like nachos made with Doritos, taco meat, brown beans, rice, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. Their reaction will be priceless!!

7. The other day I made biscuits and made them try them. Their reactions were mixed. They swore that they were terrific, but their faces said otherwise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

real georgia biscuits like your Mom makes? Guess its a cultural thing nothing could be better oh well! Sorry they don't have have our palate.Don't know what they are missing
Love ya sweet girl
Ramona