
of jokes is so much fun.
Here is my story of stupidity for today...
A young girl came to watch the kids so I could get out of the house and study a bit. So I flagged down a minibus. Minibuses are about the size of the short school buses, with flat fronts and seats down only one side and the other side is standing room. They go along a set route, but you can get on and off anywhere. They should carry about 25 people and therefore usually carry 40-45! Ummm... closeness. The summer is my favorite- our sweat runneth over and into a river down the aisle.
I digress...
So, I was on the minibus right next to the door, riding happily along enjoying my brief taste of freedom. A man came up behind me and yelled, "where are you from?". Startled, I turned and said "I am American!" sort of loudly. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. Then the minibus stopped and the man got off.
At that point I realized he didn't ask me where I was from, he was telling the driver to let him him off "where ever." And then some crazy lady [me] turned around and shouted, "I am an American!" at him. No wonder people were staring at me! Language learning is so fun!!!

1 comment:
I was trying to read this to Josh and I was laughing so hard, it took me about three attempts to get through it. And your message about Cheetos was priceless as well. I also read that one to Josh. We have had the crunchy vs. puffy cheetos conversation on more than one occasion. I completely agree, crunchy Cheetos are the best! I think I should mail crunchy cheetos to you and you can begin giving them out on the minibus and see if you can get some fans! That way, even if they think you're crazy, at least they'll love you for your cheetos. (But I am glad you found puffy ones that will suffice, in the mean time.)
Post a Comment