I am so proud of myself! Yesterday I made some dip that my new neighbors loved! They practically licked the bowl clean. It may not sound like that big of a feat, but you have to understand the people here. They are notoroiusly proud of their food. They firmly believe that their cuisine should be the most popular in the world. When they talk about the "world kitchens" (did you know there was such a thing?) of which Chinese, Italian, and French are the most popular, they think that theirs should be right up there.
This should tell you how much they love their food... Of the three local families that we know that lived in America none of them ate American (or any other type) food while they lived there! One of the families was there for 8 years!!! In this city of over 17 million people there are maybe 5 Mexican/Spanish restaurants, and maybe 15 of each Chinese, Italian, and French. That's not much variety, folks!!
That's all to say that the people here love their food. And, I will give them credit- it is good! If I am going to be serving my friends, I usually try to limit the things that I make so they won't have to pretend to like it while desperately trying to force their kids to eat it so their plate will be clean. So I was shocked and happy that unless they are really good actresses, they really liked the dip I made for them!! Yeaaa me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah you!!!!You are a great cook so it does not surprise me that they would love something that you prepared. Love, Mom
I am amazed that it is the first time! You are such a good cook. The foods you shared with us were fabulous!
Post a Comment