Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Barry... Barry Graco

As I was walking the kids to school today I was contemplating the history of kid movement. I only have three kids, but God help me (and I mean that), none of them are programmed to move from point A to point B at the same pace, or even along the same path, for that matter.

Noah has a future in speed walking. He is a born leader and is always a mile ahead of me. Callie is a mile behind me, usually talking to her imaginary friends, ChiChi and Nalice (she likes to plan sleep-overs and special dinners when they are in town from Hawaii). If the stars have aligned correctly, I have high hopes for a special anointing of patience, and by some crazy relapse of amnesia I have forgotten how horrible it is, then I will let Lucy walk. She is like some sort of cat on crack. She CANNOT walk in a straight line. It is physically impossible for her body to move in a straight forward motion. She goes back and forth, climbs, crawls, touches all forms of gnarly trash, and occasionally rolls in foul smelling matter. It is fun.

But, I digress... So, as I was trying to herd this ill-fated group to school I was wondering just how many kids Henry Ford must have had that would drive him to invent the automobile. Do not try to convince me that there was some other reason that he would do such a thing. I KNOW it was because his kids were more of a pain than mine when herding them to visit Nellie Olsen at the village store.

Then I got to thinking of Mr. Graco, and wondering how many kids he had. I am sure he invented the stroller. But I wonder why doesn't it hold school aged kids. Or at least have some sort of leashing system. (Oh how I used to look down on those women who would leash their children.) You know how people with several dogs have those fancy leash/harness-y things that strap the dogs together. Who, tell me, who among you will invent such a miracle product for my children.

So, all this to say, I miss my car. If nothing else, it sure made gettin' them kids where they need to be easier!

Gotta go... my kids are playing in the street!!

No comments: