Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Party #3- The Last One

Is my child spoiled? We really did celebrate her birthday a lot! At least she knows she is loved!!! This is the last post about her birthday... I promise!

Callie really wanted to have her neighborhood friends over for a birthday party. I love to put together parties, so I was up for it! Parties here are different in America. Usually the moms just sit around, eat, and talk while the kids run wild through the flat. There are cake and presents, but thats about as "birthday" as it gets. I was determined to help the girls (12 of them) stay calm while having fun, and make sure that Callie felt like it was her day.

I came up with a surefire list of games for the girls to play. Justin drew the most amazing donkey for pin the tail on the donkey. I am so sad that I didn't get the chance to take a picture of it. None of the girls had ever played that game before, and they loved it!!! We also played a modified game of charades, and heads up 7 up (with 3 up). The girls and their moms were all begging me to come to their birthday parties. They loved having games to play. We played them over and over! It was really fun!

Callie, of course, got to be first to fix her plate and eat. She blew out the candles on her sleeping beauty cake and cut it. She was first in line for each game. She got some nice presents from her friends. They usually give clothes. Although, one friend gave her goldfish! Her first pet!!

It was a great celebration of my precious Callie!!



The table is ready. All it needs is the cake!



The girls singing "İyiki Doğum Günü" to Callie.



Callie admiring her cake and preparing to blow out the candles.



Make a wish!



Cutting the cake with my girl.



Trying to be patient while waiting for a piece.



Callie's sleeping beauty cake.



Trying to keep it all together... while speaking a different language!



After the girls' plates were served, the women just pull right on up to the table. No shyness here!!



Opening presents.



The girls lined up to give their gifts to her.



Crowding around to see the loot!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Is that coke and Fanta Orange I see on the refreshment table??? Purchased there or did someone pay the price and send them to you? Everything looks so nice and I know the girls had a fun time. The cake is very interesting and I hope very good. Love you, Mom

Elizabeth said...

Mom,
Its Coke and Fanta. Coca-cola has quite a market here. I can easily get all sorts of Coke products. I can also get several varieties of Doritos, Cheetos (although they all taste bad), some Pepsi products, Huggies and Pampers, Snickers and Twix (they are expensive), and Lays plain potato chips. We also have a few American fast food restaurants- McDonalds, Burger King, and KFC are the most popular. Between trashy television shows and junk food we Americans are managing to export a lot of garbage!!